Progress Your PRINCE2® Certification
PRINCE2® Practitioner level focuses on the tailoring and application of the PRINCE2® method. This is an important part of utilising the PRINCE2® methodology. During exam preparation, candidates will work with this through a case study.
Who Attends this PRINCE2® Practitioner Course?
This is a progression course for those who have recently certified at PRINCE2® Foundation level. If you have certified at Foundation level based on the latest PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® publication, Sixth Edition, AXELOS Limited, Copyright 2017” (see “About This Course” below), this Practitioner course is perfect for you.
If you have not yet completed the Foundation training, why not consider achieving both certifications at once with our 5-day PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Course?
About This Course
Important Information About this PRINCE2® Practitioner Course
- PRINCE2® Practitioner course participants must have recently gained the PRINCE2® Foundation certification, based on the 2017 edition of the official PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® publication, Sixth Edition, AXELOS Limited, Copyright 2017”.
- As you will be joining a group where participants have been immersed in a 3-day Foundation level training, you must also fully re-familiarise yourself with the PRINCE2® Foundation material.
- If your Foundation certification was achieved based on an earlier edition of the “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® publication, Sixth Edition, AXELOS Limited, Copyright 2017”, you will need to attend the full, 5-day version of our PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner course to get up to speed with the current manual and syllabus. You will not need to re-take the Foundation exam.
- As this is an intensive exam preparation course, you will also need to allocate time each evening during training to study for the Practitioner exam.
If you’re not sure about what option is best for your training and certification, we will be happy to advise.
You can reach our training consultants by clicking below to Ask a Question, or call us on Freephone 1800 910 810.
What is covered during this PRINCE2® Practitioner Course?
This is a 2-day exam preparation course focused on preparing delegates to sit the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam.
- Gain an understanding of relationships between different elements within the PRINCE2® framework (principles, themes, processes, roles etc.).
- Know how to tailor PRINCE2® to meet the needs of a case study project.
- Be ready to sit the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam.
- Applying PRINCE2® to projects
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to fit a project’s needs
- Case study exercises
- Exam tips and techniques
You can read full details about this PRINCE2® Practitioner course and certification by viewing or downloading our free, PDF brochure.
Exams & Cert
Understanding the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam and Certification
Passing Your PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam
As you’ll be joining a group who have just completed their Foundation Level training, and are re-connecting with the PRINCE2® material, the following actions are important for your success in the Practitioner exam:
- You must re-familiarise yourself with the Foundation level material before attending the course.
- Your Foundation level material must be taken from the 2017 edition of the manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® publication, Sixth Edition, AXELOS Limited, Copyright 2017”.
- You will need to bring your “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® publication, Sixth Edition, AXELOS Limited, Copyright 2017” with you for both days of training.
- You must allocate between 2 and 3 hours of study each evening during training. This is an indicative time. More time may be needed, so it’s best to keep your evenings as free as possible during training.
PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification and Exam
- The PRINCE2® Practitioner certification is valid for 3 years. Before the end of this period, you must renew your certification.
- From January 1st 2023, the Foundation certification must also be renewed on a 3-year cycle basis.
- There are 3 ways to renew your certifications – 1) re-sit the appropriate exam, 2) gain and log professional development points with PeopleCert via their MyAxelos platform, 3) gain another PeopleCert qualification.
- For classroom courses, the Practitioner exam will take place on the afternoon of Day 2 of training. For virtual courses, you will schedule and sit your online exam once training has been completed.
- You will need to achieve at least 55% to pass this exam.
More About the Practitioner Exam and Certification
Learn more about the exam process and certification by viewing and downloading our PDF brochure on this course.
For Your Team
PRINCE2® Training delivered exclusively to your team
We offer in-house training for both PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner certification.
What is “in-house” training?
“In-house” training is also known as “in-company” or “on-site” training. It’s a style of training that enables exclusive delivery to your team at your premises (or another location chosen by you).
By opting for in-house training, you gain:
- Date flexibility
- Content customisation
- Better value for your training budget
- A swift solution for training and certifying an entire team
Choose Your Certification Option
We can devise and deliver a training programme that exactly fits your in-house training requirements. Choose 1 or all of the following training options:
Equip your team with an understanding of the PRINCE2® framework and prepare them to sit the Foundation exam.
Progress your team’s knowledge of PRINCE2® by covering the tailoring and application of the methodology to a case study scenario.
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner: 5 Days
For maximum impact, choose both Foundation and Practitioner level certification. We recommend this for teams that want to fully introduce a PRINCE2® approach to running projects.
Talk To Us
Our experienced training consultants will be happy to advise on the right choice for your team’s PRINCE2® training and certification. Get in touch by clicking below to request a quotation.
You can also reach us by phone at Freephone 1800 910 810 or 01 861 0700.
Certification with Credibility
Professional Development is a PeopleCert ATO (Registry ID: 5707)
You’re in Good Company
Trusted for PRINCE2® training by multi-national organisations from a broad spectrum of industries.